Windows 8 that focuses on people and apps and gives you powerful new ways to use social technologies to connect with the people who are important to you. It's Windows reimagined. Windows 8 Release Preview is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7 and has the security and reliability features you expect from Windows, but we’ve made it even better. It’s fast, and it’s made to work on a variety of form factors—especially the new generation of touch devices.
Here’s your chance to be one of the first to try it out. Similar to Consumer Preview, we'll be using information from Release Preview users to make the final product even better.
Windows 8 Release Preview is stable and has been thoroughly tested, but it’s not the finished product. Your PC could crash and you could lose important files. You should back up your data and you shouldn't test Windows 8 Release Preview on your primary home or business PC. You might also encounter problems like:
- Software that doesn’t install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs.
- Printers, video cards, or other hardware that doesn’t work.
- Difficulty accessing corporate or home networks.
- Files that might become corrupted.
- You should carefully balance the risks and rewards of trying out the Windows 8 Release Preview before you install it.
The main characteristics and features of Windows 8:
- Based on anecdotal evidence, Windows 8 will focus on the system of voice recognition and voice control. Among other possible innovations assumed the presence of advanced virtualization to virtualize entire operating system, integration with the mobile version of the operating system, support for gesture recognition.
- It is assumed that Windows 8 will have an improved system hibernation and recovery, as well as new security features, including modification of PatchGuard.
- According to the "leaked" presentation of Microsoft, in Windows 8 will significantly reduce the download time on and off compared to the previous operating system of Windows.
- Close attention will be paid to energy consumption and energy efficiency.
- Claimed to support an interface USB 3.0, connection Bluetooth 3.0, as well as wireless and stereoscopic displays.
One innovation will be the face recognition system users via webcam.
- This system will be able to translate their own PC in the different modes of energy consumption depending on whether the user is in front of a webcam or not. In one form of such a concept is implemented in the game controller Kinect for Xbox 360.
- The presentation was a lot of attention paid to its competitors - Apple and Google, as well as their products and services, Google Chrome OS, Android, WebOS. For example, Microsoft is going to start the Windows Store, repeating many of the functions of Mac App Store for OS X. This service will be integrated into Windows 8.
- In Windows 8 will present new tools for security, which will simplify diagnostics and troubleshooting. Referred to the function "system reset", which will reinstall Windows 8, while keeping all user files. Also, Windows 8 will support the accelerometers, disk encryption, support for GPS on a netbook and notebook, using WWAN-ins.
- In Windows 8 will be widely applied concept Ribbon Interface, which will take a modular tape, not only in individual programs of the system (such as WordPad, Paint, etc.), but in Explorer Windows.
- Also in Windows 8 will be enhanced Start menu.
SIZE: 2,551,154,688 byte
NOTE: this is original M$ image.
SIZE: 3,490,912,256 byte
NOTE: this is original M$ image